I Love A Good Worship Song

Hello beautiful sisters. On this first day of February, I have a short post for you. Sharing something that has been part of my story for years and years and years. Heck, all of my life.

Music has always been a part of me. It's lulled me to sleep and has inspired me to learn the running man. Whether it's been playing an instrument or simply putting in my favorite CD, music has the power to capture my soul.

So, it should be no surprise that worship music would be the very thing that would draw me into the presence of Jesus. No matter how I am feeling, the minute I start playing my piano or listening to some worship songs, my heart opens to the Holy Spirit and it transforms.

Perhaps, this is why I love the Psalms so much. There are so many that are set to a lovely rhythm and they speak to me so deeply. One such Psalm that I find myself reading (and ultimately shouting) is the treasure found at the very end - Psalm 150

Praise the Lord.
Praise God in his sanctuary; 
praise him in his might heavens.
Praise him for his acts of power;
praise him for his surpassing greatness.
Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
praise him with harp and lyre,
praise him with timbrel and dancing,
praise him with the strings and pipe,
praise him with the clash of cymbals,
praise him with resounding cymbals.
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord.

Psalm 150

I don't know about you but, after reading a Psalm like this, I just get so excited and want to worship Jesus all the live long day. 



Songs can also be a way to share our stories. Stories of how God redeemed our souls and how real His unfailing love is. There is one song in particular that I am just loving right now. Every time it comes on the radio, I crank it really loud and sing with it. I can only imagine what people driving me think as they watch this woman waving her arm in the air and nodding as she sings. I'm pretty oblivious to the entertainment I am probably providing, though. Especially in the moment. 

It's a song called My Story by Big Daddy Weave. I'd like to share with you the lyrics here, because they pretty sum up what I want to share with others, when it comes to my story. Then, if you want to listen to it, I've included a link to the You Tube video. You can also find it on iTunes. 

My Story
By Big Daddy Weave

If I told you my story
You would hear hope that wouldn't let go
And if I told you my story
You would hear love that never gave up
And if I told you my story
You would hear life, but it wasn't mine

If I should speak then let it be
Of the grace that is greater than all my sin
Of when justice was served and where mercy wins
Of the kindness of Jesus that draws me in
Oh to tell you my story is to tell of Him

If I told you my story
You would hear victory over the enemy
And if I told you my story
You would hear freedom that was won for me
And if I told you my story
You would hear life overcome the grave

If I should speak then let it be
Of the grace that is greater than all my sin
Of when justice was served and where mercy wins
Of the kindness of Jesus that draws me in
Oh to tell you my story is to tell of Him

This is my story, this is my song
Praising my savior all the day long
This is my story, this is my song
Praising my savior all the day long

For the grace that is greater than all my sin
Of when justice was served and where mercy wins
Of the kindness of Jesus that draws me in
Oh to tell you my story is to tell of him.


Beautiful, right? I just love that we can share our stories, our faith, the hope we have in Jesus through music. 

What draws you into the presence of Jesus? What has been influential in deepening your spiritual walk?


Popular Posts