Pray. Trust. Learn. Grow. Right now.

You know how, sometimes, the best laid plans go up in smoke?

Isn't there a saying for when that happens? I'm not sure but, I have to begin this post by saying that I had something else planned. I swear that I had typed out something and saved it but, now I can't find the file anywhere and it's the night before this post is suppose to go live.

So, what does this mean? What could God possibly want me to share with all of you? Perhaps I will share the most recent piece of my story. It's a beautiful one, actually. You see, for the past year I have been praying about where God wants me. In regards to ministry, I've always felt a pull towards music and discipleship. The music part came easily. Being part of the worship band at my church is something deeply rooted in my soul. But, the discipleship part hasn't always come as easily. Mostly because I never really knew where God wanted my focus.

Was it to mentor young women? Was it to help out newby musicians and worship leaders? Was it to just keep teaching at my school? What did He want me to do? What was my role in this grand world of His?

God seems to like bringing me to the brink of a breakdown. I guess it's a great test of my faith - to see if I'm going to keep trusting and clinging to him or am I going to freak out and go into self-survival mode.

Trust God... or trust myself? Hmmm....

This season of ministry felt different to me. It's so hard to put into words because the feeling is soul deep. Just thinking about it and trying to convey to you with words is bringing me to tears. That's how I know it's deep, deep soul work. Holy Spirit work.

As I began to become more committed and involved with my church, I realized it was time to step up and be bold with what I felt God was calling me to do. It was time. And, after meeting with my Pastor and his wife, we all felt the same thing... it was time. This was something we all had been praying for without realizing we had all been praying about the same thing!  And that was, who would take on leading the women at our church?

Oh... that would be this lady right here. The blubbering mess of a woman that is typing this out to you right now. The one who has had such a messed up life and yet, God has somehow shoved that mess away to reveal His glory and purpose for my life. The truth is, it isn't even really about my life. It's about those who don't know Him yet. The women who are searching and longing for something more than what they have right now. They want to feel love and acceptance. They don't want to be labelled by their choices and life circumstance. And, I know without a doubt, the time has come for me to finally step into the role that God so perfectly worked out for me... no... for HIM. But, he is using me.

It's a scary role to be in... leadership. There is a lot of weight that can come with it. I will tell you that, almost immediately, my grace and patience have been tested and strengthened. But, that's the beauty of ministry and what is happening right now in my story. God just keeps utilizing every single tiny aspect of my life to bring glory to Himself. It forces me to continually look up and thank Him for every opportunity He has presented me with to share His unfailing love.

This weekend was our Fall kick-off for the women's ministry. We began the day with musical worship and I had a guest come lead us. Almost immediately, I lost it. I was standing in the back of the room as worship began and the moment I heard all those womens voices singing out loud, I lost it. The tears flowed. Sure, it could have been due to lack of sleep the night before but, I knew better. It was the Holy Spirit. It was God sweetly and softly letting me know that He was pleased and this is what He desired for this community of women.

And He chose me to lead it?

Wow.

Ladies, if there is one thing I have learned over the last several months, it's that it's okay to just be in God's presence and allow Him to flow through you.  I have been without words when it comes to describing the amazing soul work going on inside of me. And that's okay! The reason I'm driving that home is because I have always felt like I had to explain or convey, with words, what was happening or how I felt.

Not so. It can be conveyed through our actions and through the fruit of the labor God has called us to.

I am so excited for what is happening at my church through the women's ministry. It's going to be an incredible year of growth for all of us. I can only see each of our relationships with Jesus become stronger and deeper. What an amazing time right now. I thank God for this ray of light in the midst of such a dark world.

He is and will be glorified. It is all about Him.

I know this isn't the most typical post for this blog but, our stories come in all chapters. The intro, the climax, the ending, the epilogue. The past, the present and the future. This is the here and now. This is my story... right now. And I'm so thankful to be able to share it with you.

May I encourage you, dear friend, right now? While I may not know who you are or where you are at in life, I can tell you to stop and think about right now. What is your story, right now? No matter what it is, no matter your circumstances, no matter the pain or joy you are feeling - God can be glorified. By simply allowing Him to take control, He can be glorified. By surrendering our thoughts, feelings, actions and circumstances to him, right now, He can be glorified and this is just another amazing chapter to add your incredible spiritual story.

And may I leave you with this...

Ephesians 3:14-21New International Version (NIV)

A Prayer for the Ephesians YOU

14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family[a] in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.


Popular Posts