Dream turned reality



Raise your hand if you've ever had a dream.

A dream of something that could possibly happen in the future.

Something that seems close to impossible but could seriously be possible.

I bet most of you have your hands raised.

Today I'm telling you a story of how a dream of mine became reality. First, a little background would probably be helpful - I am a dreamer. All my life I've constantly had a dream to do something. What that something is... well, that's shifted and changed numerous times. That was up until a few months ago when the vision became clear and concrete. God gave me the desire to begin an online ministry. He even revealed to me that it would be big and amazing and wonderful because it would glorify HIM. At the time of writing this, I'm not sure how that has come to fruition but, I'm trusting Him.

After all, He hasn't let me down.

I'd like to share some scripture with you that has resonated on my heart lately and, I believe, strongly relates to all that is happening right now.
In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding, he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment - to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ.  ~ Ephesians 1:7-10
Perhaps Rich Warren put it the best when coming up with the words to describe what is in my heart:
"Before you can ever accomplish anything meaningful in life, you have to see what God sees so you can see what God can do in your life. Once you are able to see what God can do, then you have to believe he will really do it." (::source::) 
What I've learned over the course of this last month is that when one tunes in to the wisdom of God, He is going to be obviously in that moment, it's going to be ridiculous! And like Rich says, once you see it through God's eyes, you can see how God can work it in your life and once that happens, you get to practice FAITH. Faith that he is going to do it. And that faith can be really difficult. Let me tell you the truth here sister. There were so many times I doubted my ability. There were many times I questioned God. "Really? Are you sure you have the right girl? Me?" Each time, He came right back with the answer of, "yep.... you."  I imagine him standing in front of me, face to face; his hands on my shoulders and when he says you, he takes one hand and places it on top of my head as our foreheads touch.

Talk. About. Chills.

This entire blog and ministry is him saying to me... you.

And with one tiny step of faith, I'm believing he is really going to fulfill the dream he has placed in my heart.

A dream has become reality.

So, where are you in your story right now when it comes to dreams and goals? Are you ignoring it? Are you questioning it? Or are you ready to take the tiny step of faith and say, "Yes God. Here am I. Send me."

Popular Posts