Who are you trying to please? {Part 2}


Do you remember the day that you were 'brought near by the blood of Christ'?

Do you remember that moment when you dropped everything, raised your hands and said, "Lord, I surrender"?

Do you remember that hour when you fell to your knees, weeping because you finally felt the love that only the Father could give you?

Remember that moment.

When I remember that moment, suddenly, "I" fade away. And God takes center stage.

I remember that moment clearly. I was laying in my bed feeling restless. I wasn't happy. I wasn't making good choices. Things just weren't going the way I thought they should. I wanted more. I yearned for something and I was tired of trying so hard. I was on the verge of feeling defeated and deflated.

I.  I.  I.  I.

Who was I trying to please?

In that moment, I remember listening to some worship music and began weeping. There was no reason or anything to provoke it. But, it was a different feeling. A feeling I had never experienced before in my life. Peace. Warmth. Security. Love. Compassion. Strength. None of it was mine but I felt it.

Looking back, I know it was the Holy Spirit. I know it was Jesus answering my cry for help and sending that peace. Broken and with nothing else to cling to... All I had was Jesus. And He was there. Always had been and always will.

Every time I think about that turning point in my story... the moment I call "Jesus Time"... I am reminded Who it is that is constantly there. Never giving up. Is not finished with me yet. And so, I want to do everything in my power to please HIM.

There is a deep joy in my heart because I know who rescued my soul. If I lean into that, the confidence that flows through my veins is overwhelming and I forget about my own self.

I wish it was like that all the time.

Unfortunately, I get in the way. My need for human affirmation gets in the way. My jealousy and pride get in the way.

Thankfully, Jesus is always there. He knows I'm human. What He is expecting of me, however, is that I recognize those moments, repent and keep striving to please HIM and only HIM.

How will you, dear sisters, strive to please HIM the rest of this week? How can you relate to this story? What are you striving for and working on? How can we pray for you? Let us know via our Contact Page or by joining us on Facebook.








Popular Posts