Who Are You Trying To Please? {Part 1}

The message at my church this past weekend hit me right in between the eyes.

You see, I had this elaborate blog post all ready in my head. It was going to be amazing. It was going to light your world on fire. I can't even begin to describe how spiritually saturated you would become by reading the words I was about to let flow through my fingers.

And then the message.

Boom.

It was like God plucked that keyboard right from under my hands and said, "Uh uh."

Let's just begin with some scripture, shall we?

Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ. - Galatians 1:10
Yowza.

Paul is saying this after declaring he is an apostle of Christ. I love that he basically is saying to test him.

This is how The Message puts it:
 Do you think I speak this strongly in order to manipulate crowds? Or curry favor with God? Or get popular applause? If my goal was popularity, I wouldn't bother being Christ’s slave.
Hearing this verse made me realize that my goal was not in the right place. Then, naturally (because this is what this site is all about), I began to think about all the different scenarios that make up my story. How was I winning the approval of God? Was I more focused on pleasing other people? And, what is that looking like now?

What I had to stop and do was remind myself that what I do - especially here - is not to glorify my own story or myself. It's to place GOD at the front. HE is the reason I feel so passionate about this blog and sharing with you. This is not something I want to take credit for because doing that, would deny HIM.

"Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But, whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven." - Matthew 10:32-33

That's straight from the mouth of Jesus and there is no sugar coating those words. That's straight up truth and that is exactly what hit me between the eyes. That is exactly what I want us to remember as we walk this walk with God. In those moments we get to share what HE has done in our lives and transformed us. Ladies, let's remember who needs the acknowledgement.



Let's remember who rescued us from that deep, dark pit of despair. Let's remember who healed us from the brokenness of our childhood. Let's remember who reconciled us when we thought we knew everything. Let's remember who redeems us and has claimed us as His beloved daughter.

Share your story with courage and kindness. Shout about the amazing ways God has lavished His love on you.

(And this is only Part 1.)

Discuss: How will you be bold this week? How will you decide (or have decided) to step out in faith and choose to please GOD over people?

Join the discussion on Facebook.


Popular Posts